To handle yourself, use your head.....
To handle others, use your H E A R T.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hard times

At this time in my life, I'm very confused. I'm lost in so many ways, yet I have found myself at the same time. I'm sad and lonely some days, and others I'm content and happy. The past few days have been a low and hard time in my journey. I have shed some tears and repeatedly asked the question, why me? Why did this have to happen to my life? I never wanted a divorce. I didn't want to put my child through what I was put through. Well, the divorce is unavoidable now. all I can do now is be the best mom possible for Carver, and hope that Daniel will strive to be the best dad also. We have to work as a team, even when all we want to do is fight with each other and play the blame game. But, as I was sitting here thinking poor me poor me, I realized something. Poor me? Really? how about LUCKY me. What about BLESSED me. Oh and don't forget extremely GRATEFUL me. I have a wonderful supportive family. I have friends who make it a point in their day to check in on me and make sure I'm ok. I have sisters who every single day come up to me and ask what can I do to help you with Carver? And, I have a beautiful, intelligent, perfect, extraordinary, and sweet child that I get to wake up to EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! That pretty much stopped my pity train in its tracks. So today, I choose not to be sad, I choose not to dwell on the what ifs, I choose to be simply, beautifully, H A P P Y.

And that's just the end of that discussion.



]
















2 comments:

  1. I promise that you will make it through if you do these things.
    1- It's ok to have a bad day.
    2- Keep a check list of all that makes you happy and look at it the day after your bad day
    3- Pray
    4- Go outside and look at God's creations. Tree's, flowers, grass, etc.
    5- On your good days do something good for someone else.

    Remember - it's a promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jordan, i love you! it's so refreshing to see optimism. your post reminded me of a quote that i LOVE!
    "We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way." ~Author Unknown
    if you ever need anything let me know!

    ReplyDelete